Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Welcome Guest

As many of you know, I have been learning to garden -- this is my third spring to start a garden, and I must say it is going a little better this year. Except for the wildlife, that is. Every year the squirrels and the birds get my blueberries and my raspberries. This year is no exception. I also have a new threat: the Golden Marauder (you can read about her in my gardening blog, "The Gan-Green Thumb").

I was out watering the garden this afternoon when I came across an unexpected guest. This little guy doesn't eat berries or grape vines (just bugs). You won't see him at first:

But if you look really close, there he is, looking absolutely adorable and enjoying the mud:

Oh, my little guest, welcome to my garden! You are welcome to eat all of the bugs that you can hold. Just please stay away from Cookie, Toffee, and the Golden Marauder!

No comments:

Post a Comment