Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 3 – Sheridan, Wyoming

We had made good time on our trip and decided to cool our heels for the day in Sheridan, Wyoming. I had wanted to see Sheridan for quite some time. Three years ago, while performing a job search for the Old Coot for jobs in Wyoming, several jobs in Sheridan popped up. Sheridan? Where on earth was Sheridan? Luckily for me, they have a website with tons of information, and they even have a webcam on certain parts of town, so I was able to learn a little bit about this "Sheridan". When I decided to let “Tom Tom” plan my trip for me, I was delighted to learn that Sheridan was on the route, and I would at last have the chance to check it out.

Although it is not a sprawling metroplex by any stretch, I was surprised to find that it was a little bigger than I had imagined. Their webcam does not do justice to the amount of traffic that goes down Main Street (which is very, very LONG). Luckily we were able to settle in for the night when we got here without having an accident, and we rested up before plotting our adventures for Day 3 of our trip. Dee Dee seems to have a little trouble breathing here, and she has been hitting her inhaler pretty regularly since we have been here. Still, she was ready to check out some things on our driving tour this morning.

When we went outside this morning, we were surprised to find a little snow on the car:


We drove out to see what the airport was like (small, but it works), and were tickled to see that the UPS facility was directly across from the airport (Hello, QVC!):



Although you see the mountains from almost anywhere in town, we wanted to get a little closer:



How cool would it be to be one of the houses nestled down nearby:



Obligatory wildlife shot: Was this taken up in the mountains? No! These little sweeties were actually snacking and frolicking in someone’s yard:


I have always thought that a log cabin was my dream house, but this little “story book” cottage would make me pretty happy, too:




There are lots of “vintage” style houses for sale in town, for those who don’t want to hobby farm:


And of course, I had to visit at least one quilt shop (I even bought something!):



I had wanted to get some pictures of all of the shops on Main Street, but not getting hit by oncoming traffic seemed more important at the time. If you would like to learn more about Sheridan, I would encourage you to visit their website:

http://www.sheridanwyoming.org/

2 comments:

  1. so glad that you guys are making great progress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori!! I am catching up on your blog and am LOVING reading about your adventure to Yellowstone!! I hope that you have continued to have a wonderful time and all is going well!! Be safe!!! Update us soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete