Sunday, December 8, 2013

Catching Up – Halloween!

The Christmas season is already upon us, meaning that there will be lots of fun things to post about.  However, the OCD part of me will not allow me to write about any of that until I catch up on what has already happened around here!  So before Christmas, before Thanksgiving, there was Halloween!  Now, Halloween is not a big deal to me any more (it mostly just means handing out candy, and Robert actually did that this year) – but, over at the Lackey household, it was quite the event(s).  Lucky for me, Mandy is a great photographer who not only likes to take pictures, but doesn’t mind if her old mother steals them for her personal use.  Since I wasn’t there, I will try to relate the events to the best of my memory of the story:

A couple of days before Halloween, there was something called “Boo at the Zoo” and Mandy went with a very good friend of hers and all of their crumb crunchers.    There was “trick-or-treating”:

And Paisley played all kinds of fun games:

And Fox – Well, he mostly just sat around looking cute:

Even though it was tons of fun, I think they were there for quite some time, and Paisley reached a point that she was just done:

That was too bad, because there was a party at the church later that night, and the whole family went:

Mandy had been asked to be one of the official photographers, tasked to take family-type shots of all of the attendees.  She used Jeromy and Paisley as subjects for some test shots, and our little bunny was so tired, even her ears were drooping:

On Halloween night, the little family went “trick-or-treating” with some other family friends, hoping that Paisley would have more fun and more confidence about going up to strangers’ doors if she was with a group.   At some homes, she still needed a  little help from Dad…

But other homes seemed safe enough that she could do it herself:

I was quite tickled that Paisley wanted to be a bunny this year…just like her mother did when she was a little girl.  Here’s a side-by-side of my two sweet bunnies:
Even Halloween has come full circle!

No comments:

Post a Comment