Sunday, December 8, 2013

Catching Up – Alan: Already Come and Gone!

Alan came home from Yellowstone after spending a couple of weeks in Bozeman, MT, with a friend.  Due to the government shut-down, he had to leave the park much earlier than he had expected, and his friend was kind enough to let him hang out there until his scheduled flight home.  It seems like he wasn’t here any time at all before it was time for him to go back for the winter season!  (It certainly wasn’t long enough for his mother, let me tell you!)  While Alan was here, he mostly enjoyed having home-cooked meals and catching up on some of his favorite television shows.  I had a whole DVR stacked up with things that I thought he might like to watch, and I was right!  We also made the rounds of his favorite restaurants; there’s not a lot to pick from in Yellowstone.

He left to go back to Montana this past Thursday, and the biggest irony is that he left just a few hours before the ice storm to beat all ice storms hit here.  Our airport started cancelling flights just about 3 hours or so after he left.  He since has posted pictures of what the streets in Bozeman look like, and believe it or not, I think our streets look even worse!

Of course, while he was here, he had to spend some time with his best girl:


And I was pleasantly surprised at how much he likes Fox.  He absolutely adores him!


Mandy took this picture just a couple of days before he left:


I know he has to make his own life, but I sure wish it was just a little closer.  I always cry like a total nit-wit whenever he leaves.  I hope he will be home again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment