Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pinedale, Wyoming

“All the Civilization You Need” – that’s the town motto on a brochure I picked up in a town called Pinedale, just two hours south of Yellowstone.  My sister and I were already looking forward to seeing this little town because Lara’s husband had been through there a few years ago and had stopped at a quilting fabric store, picking up some fabric for her as a souvenir.  He seemed to really like the town and once we arrived there, we could see why.
Pinedale is a very small place, especially when compared to the two large metroplexes in which my sister and I each live.  The population of Pinedale is about 1,400 and one of the residents told me they only have one grocery store (the down side to that is that the store can charge whatever they want and get it).  I’m sure this place would not be for everyone, but Lara and I both found it to be quite charming.
As always, I wish I had more pictures, but here are some pictures taken when we first blew into town, looking down the main street:



There is a really neat visitor’s center, with this big guy standing out front:


There is all kind of information available regarding attractions in the area and upcoming events:




And this little honey stands guard inside:

Even more exciting for both of us was the visit to that very same fabric store that Lara’s husband had told us about:

Lara bought some really neat panels that certainly reminded us of the area:


And this little Halloween panel was so cute, I just had to get one, too!

The lady who worked in the shop told us that although they don’t have all of their fabric available on their website, they do have quite a bit available online.  If you are interested, there is a link for the Heritage Quilts Fabric Shoppe (click here).
Even though it was not our original destination, we ended up spending quite some time in Pinedale, and we really enjoyed the time we were there.

No comments:

Post a Comment