Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Fraught With DANGER!

“Fraught with danger” – yes, that pretty much describes our recent road trip to Yellowstone.  There were not only warning signs at Yellowstone, but we received cautions and rules to follow all along the way.   We were both struck (figuratively, not literally) with just how many signs there were.  Here’s a little sampling of the warnings that we received:




Some signs had more than just one warning:


Here’s yet more warning:

Even the VA medical facility in Sheridan had safety on its agenda:

This sign didn’t even have a warning, leaving us to wonder just what might be lurking ahead:

On the drive from Yellowstone to Sheridan, Wyoming (via Cody), we ended up going through the Big Horn Mountains.  I would put that drive up against all of the roller coasters in the world…I have never gripped a steering wheel so hard.  As if navigating the steep angle and switch backs were not enough, there was a sign warning us to watch for loose livestock.  Sure enough, there were cattle on the road:

Since there was a little pull-off area and we were both feeling a little queasy, my sister and I took a little break and hung out with those cows for a while.  This little honey watched us from across the road quite intently the entire time:

Later on in that mountain pass, we were surrounded by sheep (and I do mean surrounded, even though the view in the picture doesn’t fully show that).  A group of them decided to cross the road just in front of us:

My sister just fell in love with the little “black sheep” and it was fun to see it scurry to the other side:

I’m feeling pretty lucky that my sister and I were able to make it to Yellowstone and back without incident!

No comments:

Post a Comment