Monday, January 30, 2012

Birthday Blessings and General Updates

This has been a busy month and once again, I am so behind on blogging!  I have just got to get with it, especially since I recently made the decision that our family blog may be my new alternative/additive (?) to the traditional scrapbooking that I can’t seem to get done, either.  I recently began fiddling around with a “blog-to-book” service  that actually “sucks” your posts right out of your blog (pictures and text) and throws them on some pages.  You can use their free editing software to make changes to make it better suit your liking, then upload your finished product to their website where they will print a hardcover (or softcover) book for you.  I am in the middle of editing a book that has all of the posts that I have done so far, and I must say, once I got the hang of it, it has been pretty fun.  I’m over halfway done and am itching to get it finished.  I must warn you that since this may be our new “scrapbook”, it might get a little boring for a lot of people, but I’m so excited about the books that I’m going to post as much as I can!
The good things that have happened this month have been birthday blessings.  We recently celebrated Alan’s birthday and he was a pretty happy guy.  Everyone read the memo and he received cash – his one true love – and it will come in handy when it’s time for him to buy his car.  He will be going back to Yellowstone in May which is a blessing in itself because the Albertson’s grocery store is closing this month.  I couldn’t believe it!  That was the first place I learned how to navigate to when we first moved here, and the pharmacist and I were on a first-name basis!  Alan feels so very badly for all of the other employees there who do not have a Yellowstone to which they can go.  He is feeling very lucky, indeed!

My birthday present from Robert came a week early.  We went on another of our infamous Saturday rides and ended up at the Russell Feed Store.  I had to laugh as I carried my present into the house.  Last year he surprised me with two chickens and this year…well, here she is:
Introducing:  Nestlé, my new “chocolate” bunny!

He not only bought the rabbit, he bought a starter kit so that we would have everything we needed to get her set up.  I later added this little basket bed and she absolutely loves it!


She has been outside some, and when she is not being held and snuggled, she gets to run around the house some, too.  At first, Molly was intensely interested in her, but after a while the magic faded and Molly returned to her old routine:

Mandy and her family came over for dinner on Sunday to help me celebrate my birthday.  Mandy has recently gotten into baking and I was so surprised when she came bearing cupcakes.  Aren’t they beautiful?  (And they tasted good, too!)

Not all things have been wonderful.  The most beautiful child in the world has been sick for what seems forever, and she can tug at your heartstrings with her misery:

However, even in her illness, she is still Miss Independent and her mother snapped a picture of her in the doctor’s office.  While other children were sitting in their mothers’ laps, clutching at them for all that’s dear, our girl wanted to sit alone:

After this weekend’s diagnosis of bronchitis, the doctors have finally concluded that a regular regimen of maintenance drugs and breathing treatments are going to be required to keep her chronic allergies and asthma at bay.  My poor girl!
In other news, Opal has finally started to lay eggs on a regular basis, and it is so exciting to go out every day and find this:

We also recently had a significant rain event which helped to replenish our lakes a bit, although we still have a way to go to really counter the effects of the drought we have been enduring.  It rained for two-and-a-half days straight, and afterwards, all of the neighborhood critters were quite hungry.  I was tickled to look out one day and see them enjoying the food that I put out for my feathered and furry friends:

That’s what’s going on in Woodbury World.  Hope things are great wherever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment