Sunday, July 31, 2011

Paisley in Wonderland

Yesterday we attended a birthday party for the most beautiful child ever born:  Miss Paisley Grace is turning one!  Her parents put together an absolutely beautiful and thoughtful party.  The theme was “Alice in Wonderland”, and it truly was wondrous!
Although they had a lot of help setting up (Jeromy’s family can move so fast it made me feel like I was standing still at times), Alice’s – I mean Paisley’s – parents did all of the prep work, from concept to execution.  Mandy made scads of paper “pinwheel-flowers” for the tables and a pretty good number of tissue paper pom-pom things.  Mandy and Jeromy also scoured the area thrifts stores, buying them out of mismatched tea cups and saucers for all of the place settings.  The tea cups were filled with little bags of chocolates and became the party favors for the adults.  For the kids there were little headbands with white rabbit ears, crayons, and an “Alice in Wonderland” coloring book.  I loved the photo tree with pictures of our girl taken over the last year.  There were quotes from “Alice in Wonderland” on the tables, and guests were encouraged to wear their craziest hats.  From invitations to decorations, it was all things Wonderland.
Here’s a peek at the décor:



And there was some food, too:


Paisley was dressed in a petti-romper – blue, just like Alice, to be sure!  (Although she looked a little like Miss Kittie from the old western, “Gunsmoke”, if you ask me.  Just sayin’):

She had a great time with her Grump-Pa while waiting for the festivities to begin:



There were lots of gifts to open.  Good thing her Dad was there to help her:

And of course, you must have cake:

I didn’t know how much I could love someone until I had my children.  And I was totally unprepared for how much I would love a grandchild until Miss Paisley Grace came along (that little stink pot!).  And now, I can’t believe it!  My baby has a baby who is turning one year old!

Why it seems just like yesterday that Paisley’s mother was turning one, celebrating with her grandmother and mother:



My, oh my!  How the time does fly!  I’m feeling a little more like the White Rabbit every day!

4 comments:

  1. Aw! Thanks for coming to the party, Mom. I'm so happy that you had a good time. Paisley is blessed to have a Lolee like you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! looks like quite the celebration!! Happy B-day Paisley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Paisly! She is so cute! blessings,Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Lori! Happy Birthday to your little Granddaughter...what a sweet heart and I LOVE her little outfit! Yes...I can see Miss Kitty wearing that hat ;) What a lot of work went into making the decorations for the party...such fun! Thanks for stopping by today...I'm glad you enjoyed my music enough to look the movie up. Isn't it a wonderful movie! We bought it and so I can watch it any time I want to :) Your little Granddaughter will love her Beatrix Potter books. I bought some for my first Granddaughter and I drew her a couple of the pictures from the book and had them framed...I did the same for my newest Grandson. I hope you get rain soon...I'm so happy that I didn't have to go out and water today and maybe not even tomorrow if I'm lucky ;). We went up to 111 a couple of times in the last couple of weeks and we were to get to 113 but didn't quite make it the other day. This is too hot for a Canadian mountain 'girl' like me! Oh well...nothing we can do about the weather so may as well 'grin and bare it'. I hope you have a wonderful evening!
    Maura :)

    ReplyDelete