Sunday, May 4, 2014

A Gift of Love…

If I do say so myself, I think that my daughter had the most beautiful wedding gown that I have ever seen.  Not only was the dress pretty on its own, but I thought it was absolutely the perfect dress for her.  She looked beautiful!



So I was quite surprised when she told me that she was giving her wedding dress away.  “Giving it away?” I asked.  “Why would you want to do that?  Don’t you want to save it for Paisley?  You can’t get rid of the most beautiful dress I’ve ever seen!”

Mandy then explained that she was giving it to an organization that takes the wedding dresses and makes specials gowns for babies that are lost while they are in the hospital.  This is a cause that is very close to Mandy’s heart, and it certainly is worthy, so how on earth could I argue with that?

“Besides,” Mandy told me, “Not one of my friends ended up wearing her mother’s gown.  I’m pretty sure that Paisley won’t want to wear mine.”

( If you would like to learn more about the Angel Gown program, click here.)

Before she took her gown to the organization, she took a few photos:





Now she can say that Paisley has had a chance to wear her dress, and some little angel will have a beautiful gown to wear.  Well done, daughter…well done!


No comments:

Post a Comment