Sunday, January 23, 2011

Finally Finished…And It’s “Plum” Perfect!

Robert finished remodeling the bathroom a couple of weeks ago. That meant that it was time for me (Lori) to do MY part and put in the finishing details. I actually had been looking forward to this part for quite some time. As luck would have it, the whole world (or at least our whole metroplex) has had some kind of bug going around and our whole family (including me) has been sick off and on for this past couple of weeks. Luckily, last week I did have one good day and was able to get the bathroom finished before the next round of being sick hit.

I knew that I wanted a universal tile for the shower because I like to change things around quite often (I also am aching to sell the house in the future and want it to not be too specific). We found this white rectangular tile (universal and great for our budget, too). Robert did a great job (the tile is NOT crooked, the photographer is just inept):

 
I also knew I wanted a floor tile that had several different colors. The grout came out a little lighter than we wanted, but our crew will have it dark and discolored in no time:


I knew I wanted a more universal wall color than I have had in the past. I found a soft grey paint, and I really liked it because there are a lot of shower curtains, etc., that go with grey, and changing the bathroom décor won’t be too involved:


I knew I wanted a pedestal sink. This bathroom is quite small and the old honker of a vanity that was original just took up too much space. I think Robert did a good job (although this photographer can’t take a straight picture to save her life):


I was tickled that we saved our little shelves from their previous stint. They are perfect for holding our “fluffing and buffing” stuff, while still looking somewhat stylish:


What I didn’t know was that I would end up with a shower curtain and other accessories that I would have never imagined. My mother-in-law, Lynda, gave me a Kohl’s gift card for Christmas and I thought it would be a great idea to use it for the new bathroom stuff. I was on the hunt for something with grey in it, and I did find a shower curtain with a grey stripe. However, the other colors in the curtain were not colors that I would have thought of on my own, but the longer I looked at it, the more I liked it:


All it needed was a soft, cushy, purple bath rug:


And of course, you have to have some lilac colored hand towels:


Of all of the things in the new bathroom, I am most proud of my do-it-yourself project. I have a large basket that sits on the back of the toilet; it holds my hair dryer, brush, and other fluffing items, and has proven quite useful through the years. It is still like new – the only problem was that the liner was a blue and white stripe material that would not match this purple and green bathroom at all. A couple of years ago I would have never dreamed that I could cut the old liner apart and use the pattern to make a new one, but thanks to Lynda’s encouragement of me learning to sew, I was able to make a new liner and keep my beloved basket in style:




I am so glad that one more project has been checked off the list. Once my antibiotics kick in and I feel better (hopefully tomorrow) I will get started on some clutter busting or something to try to make the rest of the house match that pretty new room!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I love it! Congrats on a job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Lori!! I've been thinking about you the last couple of weeks, and am glad to see a post from you! I LOVE how the bathroom turned out!!! I'm envious because ours really need to be redone too...But I hope you're doing well, and am glad you've got one project checked off your list--It's more than I have! :-))

    ReplyDelete