Monday, November 8, 2010

New Room…New Alan

I am still having some issues with my health, and because of that I have been sidetracked somewhat. I totally forgot that I was going to write about the guest room/Alan’s room remodel! It was finally finished just a few days before Alan returned home (I like living on the edge), and I must say that it turned out okay.

As a refresher, here is the “Bordello of Blood” room that was left behind when Alan went to Yellowstone:



Here is the new room. I did a lot of purging and sorting and whittling down on things in that room. When it became a more manageable volume, I was able to put some of the things that Alan really likes on his bookshelf, along with some new organizing stuff from the Container Store:

I then replaced the cheap plastic knobs on this chest of drawers with some cheap brushed nickel knobs from Lowe’s:


I moved this cabinet from another room and hid his television and a whole bunch of video games in it:

His new bed is soft and comfy (and notice, no more blood bordello!):



Alan came home to a new room, and we got a new Alan. He has lost a lot of weight and seems to have a lot more confidence. He is also an uncle now, and he seems to think that Paisley is pretty neat. He often asks, “Have we heard from Mandy today?”

“Yeah, she called a little while ago,” I’ll say.

This is ALWAYS followed by, “How’s Paisley doin’?”

Here’s a picture of Uncle Alan with Paisley:


I think they are both as cute as can be! (That is totally unbiased, of course!)

No comments:

Post a Comment