Thursday, August 12, 2010

Pod Alert: No Place Like Home!

Paisley and her parents went home on Monday.

Ready to go home:




I am told that once they got home, Bacon and Turco were curious about the squeaky little creature that had invaded their house, but not aggressive. They became quite concerned when Paisley cried, but by Wednesday morning they had better things to do:


I received a call on early Monday evening, wondering if I might be available to come spend the night, just to make the transition easier. Are you kidding? I just needed a little time to finish some catching up at home and I was on my way. The first night was mostly spent trying to start establishing Paisley’s feeding schedule and taking turns getting some sleep.

This is just a “Pack and Play”, not even a full-sized crib. Look how tiny she is:


Tuesday was the big adventure, as her parents decided to give her a sponge bath. She did not like it at all:



Later, after being wrapped in a towel, all sweet and clean, the poor little thing was comforted by her grandmother. Paisley glared across the sofa at her mean old parents (giving what is known as the “stank eye”):


By Wednesday afternoon, it was time for me to come home, and Pod had her first doctor’s appointment. She had not quite made up the weight she had lost (she’s now 5 pounds 6 ounces), but everything was looking good. (I am a little worried about her mother, though. I think her blood pressure may still be a problem and I’m hoping she will get that checked out today – hint, hint!)

However, Mandy did feel good enough to whip out her camera and capture the beauty of Paisley Grace:




No comments:

Post a Comment